Healthcare specialists and organization all around the world transform to medical software solutions aimed at automation of healthcare management processes – Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Electronic Health Records (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) systems. And the reason lies in unlimited benefits such solutions offer for a care delivery organization (CDO).
Why spend long hours on paperwork that will remain a thankless labor as document will never stop getting lost, damaged or confused? It goes without saying that with paper document repository it will never be easy to find the information you need quickly. And any attempt to transfer important patient information in such an environment inevitably creates insuperable obstacles for data security, patient privacy and quality of patient care.
The concepts of EHR, EMR and PM are closely connected, that’s why there occurs considerable confusion when operating these terms. Therefore it seems reasonable to first make clear what we are talking about.
- According to the definitions provide by HIMSS (Health Information and Management Systems Society) an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is an application environment composed of clinical data repository, controlled medical vocabulary, order entry, pharmacy and clinical documentation applications. EMR is created in a CDO and used by a healthcare practitioner to manage healthcare delivery. EMRs are the sources of medical data for EHRs.
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) is a longitudinal electronic record of patient health information generated by one or more encounters in any CDO. EHR is a subset of each CDO’s EMR, it allows to easily share medical information among stakeholders – CDOs, insurance carriers, patients, government.
- While Practice Management (PM) system is a medical software application used to manage the physician business operations including scheduling appointments, claim management and accounting.
In other words, EMR, EHR and PM solutions allow practitioners and experts focus on what they do best and reduce the amount of paperwork. These medical software systems provide both CDOs and patients with a number of tangible benefits like:
- Introduced standards for terminology, forms and data input result in enhanced coordination between the stakeholders
- Being web-based Spritecs EHR, EMR and PM solutions provide easy updates, unlimited space for data storage and secure access from any location and computer
- Well-structured and optimized management of computerized healthcare information helps avoid numerous medical errors, reduce the time spent on work with patient records to the minimum and provide an opportunity for easy and effective storage of high quality information
- High level of security ensures ultimate safety of patient data
- Systems’ flexibility and interoperability empower practice workflow and collaboration between the practitioners and experts
- With web-based EHR, EMR and PM systems there is no need to install and maintain any complex hardware or hire a dedicated IT specialist what results in lower healthcare delivery costs
Spritecs custom-designed Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Electronic Health Record (EHR), Practice Management (PM) systems are created to automate and streamline the workflow in healthcare centers and clinics. Empowered with our deep understanding of the industry specific needs and regulations medical software systems created by Spritecs professionals cope with these tasks masterfully.
Our robust and productive medical software solutions are built on the basis of on-going industry investigation and best practices empowered with technology excellence. Spritecs functionally rich EHR, EMR and PM solutions are designed for experts by experts. They provide the users with next level opportunities for workflow optimization and increased profitability:
- Document management
- Functionally rich scheduler and calendar
- Customizable dashboard
- Full-scale quality and status reporting
- Highly secure access
- Voice recognition
- Mobile accessibility
- Billing and accounting
- Claim management
- Convenient messaging
- Patient portal
All these and many other features can be built into your medical software systems (EHR, EMR and PM) to automate your business processes, decrease the amount of meaningless paperwork and improve customer satisfaction level.
To learn more about Spritecs medical software offerings or to submit a request contact us now!